Summertime Entertaining with Chalkboard Paint
Create the most talked about summer party! Five fun chalkboard projects add personalized charm to your event.
- Krylon® Chalkboard Paint
- Krylon® ColorMaster Stainblocking Primer/Sealer - All-Purpose White
- 16” x 20” picture frame
- (3) glass votive holders
- (4) Wine Glasses
- Blue painters tape
- Plastic grocery bags
- Metal bucket
- Removable adhesive, HERMA dotto
- Bone Folder
- 3” x 6” piece of paper
- Paper Punch - EK Success Real Estate Sign Large Punch
- (3) 4” clay pots
- Soft cloth
Menu Board Instructions
- Take apart the 16” x 20” picture frame
- Spray Chalkboard Paint onto the glass, coating it with a light layer
- Repeat until you have complete coverage, allowing paint to dry in between coats
- Reassemble picture frame
Votive Holder Instructions
- Spray Chalkboard Paint onto glass votive holders, coating with a light layer
- Repeat step 1 until you have complete coverage, allowing paint to dry in between coats
- Use blue painter's tape to mask off the bottom of each wine glass
- Keep the tape even and at the same level on each stem for a cohesive look
- Cover the top of each glass with a plastic grocery bag and tape the bag around the stem
- The only exposed area on the glasses should be the base of each glass
- Spray Chalkboard Paint onto the glass bases, coating them with a light layer
- Repeat until you have complete coverage, allowing paint to dry in between coats.
- Remove tape and bag
- Cover the clay pots with a light coat of ColorMaster White Primer
- Repeat until pots are completely covered, allowing time to dry between coats
- Spray Chalkboard Paint onto clay pots, coating with a light layer
- Repeat step 2 until you have complete coverage, allowing paint to dry in between coats
Light coats of paint work best. Be sure to “prime” the chalkboard surface when paint is dry. Do this by rubbing a piece of chalk all over the surface and then removing chalk with a soft cloth.
Summertime Entertaining with Chalkboard Paint was designed by Patty Schaffer.
Learn how to create seasonal decorations by exploring summer spray paint projects from Krylon.