Customizing resin chairs with Krylon® Fusion for Plastic® is a simple way to freshen or personalize your old chairs.
- Krylon® Fusion for Plastic® – Gloss Plum #2343
- Resin Chair
- Ammonia-Based Cleaner or Paint Thinner
- Drop Cloth
- Painter’s Tape (or low-tack masking tape)
- Using ammonia-based cleaner, wipe down chair to remove any dust or particles (if the plastic is new, wipe down with paint thinner for best results).
- Using painter’s tape, completely tape off any area that you do not want painted.
- Shake Krylon Fusion for Plastic can for two minutes or more.
- Applying in a well-ventilated area, hold can 8-10 inches from chair surface and spray in a sweeping motion from side to side. (Krylon® EZ Touch 360° Dial™ Spray Tip can be adjusted to spray vertically or horizontally – see instructions on the back of label.)
- Apply a thin coat spray paint.
- Allow paint to dry for 30 seconds.
- Apply multiple thin coats until surface is completely covered.
- Remove tape immediately after applying paint.
- Krylon Fusion for Plastic dries in 15 minutes or less, and can be handled in about one hour.
- Fusion must cure a full seven days to become fully chip and scratch resistant.
Resin Chair was designed by Krylon.
Get inspired to personalize your home’s outdoor décor to fit your style by viewing more Outdoor spray paint projects from Krylon.