Let Krylon® help keep your backyard playset looking new by completing this spray paint project.
- Krylon® Exterior Semi-Transparent Wood Stain – Redwood #3604
- Drop Cloth
- Latex Gloves (optional)
- Fine to Medium Sandpaper (optional)
- Damp Rag (optional)
If you are staining on top of a previously stained surface, make sure the stain will penetrate before using. To test, splash a couple drops of water on the surface. If the water penetrates, then so will the stain. If not, sand the entire wood surface by following these steps:
- Lightly sand wood surface with the grain of the wood
- Clean surface with a damp rag to remove any dust
- Rinse the rag periodically to avoid dust build up
- Stain the entire playset using thin, light coats of Krylon Redwood Exterior Semi-Transparent Wood Spray Stain until surface is covered
- Wait 15 minutes between each coat of spray stain, if additional coats are desired
- Allow spray stain to dry 24-48 hours prior to using Backyard Playset
Backyard Playset was designed by Vicki O'Dell.
Get inspired to customize additional outdoor items by exploring more Outdoor spray paint projects from Krylon.