Suitcase Side Table
A rescued side table and suitcase come together for a colorful and unique home accent.
- Scrub the suitcase exterior with Dawn dish liquid and allow to dry.
- Remove the top or any other portions of the side table not to be included in the project.
- Sand the side table to remove gloss from previous paint and to smooth out the surface.
- Fill any gouges and dents with wood filler. Allow to dry and sand smooth. Wipe the suitcase down with alcohol.
- Prime both the suitcase and side table with Krylon® ColorMaster™ Primer in White. Let dry.
- Paint the suitcase with Krylon® ColorMaster™ in Ballet Slipper. Let dry.
- Paint the side table with Krylon® ColorMaster™ in Sweet Cream. Let dry.
- Tape off the hardware and any striping or other details for contrast and paint with Krylon® ColorMaster™ in Sweet Cream. Let dry.
- Tape off the bottom 2-3 inches of the side table legs and paint with Krylon® Gold Metallic. Let dry.
- Attach the suitcase to the top of the side table with wood screws, being sure to center and square it with the side table.
Some older luggage may have a thin sticky coating on it. It is important to remove all of this in order for the paint to adhere properly. This project has a bonus — storage space inside the suitcase!