Turn a door and round tabletop into this clever corner shelf. Chances are that you can find the perfect door for pennies (or almost) at your local second-hand store.
- Using a table saw, cut the door in half length-wise.
- Screw the two halves of the door together at a right angle.
- Sand the door to smooth out finish.
- Remove all dust with a vacuum cleaner followed by a tack cloth.
- Carefully tape off any decorative trim that will not be painted.
- Paint the door with Krylon® ColorMaster™ Paint + Primer in Italian Olive.
- Let dry.
- Cut the wooden table top into four equal, pie shaped pieces.
- Place in desired location on the door to test for fit. Depending on the hardware on the door, you may have to trim the shelves to fit.
- Sand the shelves thoroughly.
- Remove all dust with a vacuum cleaner, followed by a tack cloth.
- Paint with Krylon® ColorMaster™ in Pebble.
- Let dry.
- Screw the shelves in place.
Be sure you select a solid door and not one with a hollow core. And always, thorough surface prep is the key to a fabulous finish.