Where to buy

2019 Krylon® Clear Choice Art Scholarship Winners

The 2019 Krylon® Clear Choice Art Scholarship campaign resulted in over 200 submissions from talented art students around the U.S. and Canada. The artistic ability demonstrated in the submitted portfolios is quite impressive, making annual judging increasingly difficult.

Five recipients received a $1,000 scholarship to the college of their choice, as well as a package of Krylon® artist products. The scholarship recipients’ high school art programs also received a $500 grant and Krylon artist products, from which multiple students will benefit.

An additional ten students received Krylon product packages valued at $70 each and their high school art programs received product packages valued at $250 each.

2019 Krylon Clear Choice Art Scholarship Recipients

Learn more about each Krylon Clear Choice Art Scholarship Recipient by clicking on the student’s name below.

Pepi Eirew

Pepi Eirew

College: California Institute of the Arts
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Art at once relaxes me and provokes me. I need it physically and spiritually; It is how I work out how I feel about things. I try to let the art be free while questioning people’s behaviour. I try to show what it is like to be me now; to be honest and questioning; to show the interrelatedness of people.
Pepi Eirew

Lauren Cox

College: Columbus College of Art and Design
Ostrander, OH

I came to the conclusion that I wanted to be a concept artist for movies. Before a movie can be made, concept artists generate the ideas for how the characters, set, and creatures with look. To achieve that, I will earn a degree in illustration.
Pepi Eirew

Joshua Vana

College: Bethel University
Reeseville, WI

The minute I start creating art, expressing my ideas becomes easy. I became an artist so I can stand tall on my differences, embracing my flaws. I now incorporate my imperfections into my art, providing me with a voice of my own.
Pepi Eirew

Shelly Denning

College: University of North Texas
Shady Shores, TX

For me, art is a compulsion more than it is a hobby. I hunger for it. It feeds my soul. It is therapeutic. It makes me happy. The wonderful thing about art is that it can be used to make others happy as well.
Pepi Eirew

Brooks Jones

College: Utah Valley University
South Jordan, UT

I am entranced by the subtleties of filmography and the physics of lighting. The drawings and paintings I create focus on realistic textures, lighting, and color. I enjoy drawing objects around me and showing mundane things in an artistic light.

2019 Krylon Clear Choice Art Scholarship Product Recipients

• Emma Riordon – Newburyport High School (Newburyport, MA), UMASS Amherst
  • Rebecca Joines – Western Hills High School (Benbrook, TX), Digipen Institute of Technology
  • Hailey Stiegman – Klein Oak High School (Klein, TX), Arizona State University
  • Kate Goodvin – City High School (Iowa City, IA), Maryland Institute College of Art
  • Gauen (Chloe) Kim – Westview High School (Staten Island, NY), Maryland Institute College of Art
  • Allison Fraidenburg – Archbishop Edward A. McCarthy High School (Southwest Ranches, FL), Ringling College of Art and Design
  • Gabrielle Terteweh – Henry Snyder High School (Jersey City, NJ), Maryland Institute College of Art
  • Briana Mercado – Legacy of Educational Excellence (San Antonio, TX), Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design
  • Ivan Reynolds – Lowell High School (Lowell, MI), College for Creative Studies
  • Melanie Davis – Muskego High School (Muskego, WI), The Savannah College of Art and Design

Krylon Clear Choice Art Scholarship Application Information

CLICK HERE to learn more about the Krylon Clear Choice Art Scholarship and obtain a copy of the 2020 application form.