Revive the original beauty of a wooden mailbox by applying Krylon® Exterior Semi-Transparent Wood Stain.
- Krylon® Exterior Semi-Transparent Wood Stain – Cedar #3601
- Drop Cloth
- Sandpaper: Fine to Medium
- Damp Rag
- Latex Gloves (optional)
If you are staining on top of a previously stained surface, make sure the stain will penetrate before using. To test, splash a couple drops of water on the surface.
If the water penetrates, then so will the stain. If not, you may have to sand the surface first. Repeat process until water drop penetrate wood surface.
- Lightly sand the entire wood surface with the grain of the wood. This will help open up the grain so the stain can penetrate deeper into the wood
- Clean sanded surface with a damp rag to remove dust (clean the rag periodically to avoid build up)
- Apply thin, light coats of Cedar spray stain until surface is covered
- If additional coats are desired, wait 15 minutes between each coat of spray paint
- Allow stain to dry 24-48 hours prior to using