Customizing resin chairs with Krylon® Fusion for Plastic® is a simple way to freshen or personalize your old chairs.
- Krylon® Fusion for Plastic® – Gloss Plum #2343
- Resin Chair
- Ammonia-Based Cleaner or Paint Thinner
- Drop Cloth
- Painter’s Tape (or low-tack masking tape)
- Using ammonia-based cleaner, wipe down chair to remove any dust or particles (if the plastic is new, wipe down with paint thinner for best results).
- Using painter’s tape, completely tape off any area that you do not want painted.
- Shake Krylon Fusion for Plastic can for two minutes or more.
- Applying in a well-ventilated area, hold can 8-10 inches from chair surface and spray in a sweeping motion from side to side. (Krylon® EZ Touch 360° Dial™ Spray Tip can be adjusted to spray vertically or horizontally – see instructions on the back of label.)
- Apply a thin coat spray paint.
- Allow paint to dry for 30 seconds.
- Apply multiple thin coats until surface is completely covered.
- Remove tape immediately after applying paint.
- Krylon Fusion for Plastic dries in 15 minutes or less, and can be handled in about one hour.
- Fusion must cure a full seven days to become fully chip and scratch resistant.