November 23, 2009
Holiday Humbug? Krylon® Offers the Top Ten Creative Ways to Make Holidays Merry Again
(Cleveland, OH — November 23, 2009) How can you make the holidays magical and economical at the same time? Krylon, the world’s leading spray paint manufacturer, offers a luscious line of metallic paints and finishes that make your holidays sparkle and your gift list gleam, all without breaking a sweat or the bank. No one has to know that your high-end dazzle cost so little.
1. Play up your paper. Paper is a cheap and easy way to decorate and spread holiday cheer. Purchase rolls of inexpensive craft paper and spray paint in your favourite Premium Metallic shade – 18 KT. Gold Plate, Original Chrome, Copper Brilliance, Sterling Silver and Gilded Brass. Use the sparkling paper to wrap gifts (or empty boxes) and stage a beautiful display under the tree, in the foyer, on a table or chair, or anywhere at all. Use the same technique with discount gift bags, too.
2. Make glassware glisten. Purchase inexpensive candle votives or pull out leftover vases and paint them with Krylon Looking-Glass Mirror-Like Paint. The soft, reflective finish is reminiscent of mercury glass and casts a warm, festive glow. Leave the painted item “as is”, or embellish the exterior surface with Krylon Leafing Pens, adding shimmering stripes, swirls, holly leaves, or stars and snowflakes.
3. Personalize ornaments. Make everyday ornaments extra special when you personalize them with the recipient’s name and the date. Krylon Leafing Pens have a chiseled tip and smooth flowing paint that deliver easy control and great results. Chose from 18 KT. Gold, Silver, Copper, Red Shimmer and Pale Gold.
4. Refurbish old ornaments. Collect your old, faded, mismatched ornaments and renew them with a fresh coat of paint. Mix and match several of Krylon’s Brushed Metallic Finishes for a coordinated collection that boasts a soft, rich gleam. Display your “better than new” ornaments on the tree, on a wreath or garland, in a window, along the mantel, or in a bowl. With a dry time of 10 minutes or less, you can paint and trim the tree in less than an hour.
5. Refresh your greens. There’s no need to purchase new decorations – simply update and renew old wreaths, swags and garlands with spray paint. General Purpose Metallics in Silver, Gold, Copper and Brass will transform traditional greenery into something special and unexpected. Add a colourful bow and you’re done.
6. Wear your holiday spirit. Spray paint is a quick way to create your own custom fashion. Start with an inexpensive t-shirt, sweatshirt, or apron, and then select your colours and your design – purchased stencils are a quick and easy choice. Attach your stencil with Krylon Easy-Tack™ Repositionable Adhesive, and then spray paint with Brushed Metallic finishes. Spray on silver bells, golden holly leaves, or a holiday sentiment. Spray paint extra shirts, aprons and even tote bags to give away as gifts.
7. Repurpose with flare. Time, money and natural resources are in short supply today, and it’s become more socially acceptable to re-gift your unwanted items. However, it’s best to repurpose with personalization, refreshing what you have so the next owner will cherish it. Old picture frames, trinket boxes, tins, bowls, and vases are all giftable and easy to update with spray paint.
8. Make cards and gift tags. You’ll find you can create dozens of cards and gift tags in an hour with a can of spray paint, a few stencils and plain cardstock. Multi-purpose gift tags save time when also used as greeting cards and tree decorations. For the finale, add a little holiday magic to your cards and tags with Glitter Spray.
9. Shop creatively. Take a quick trip to your local dollar store or discount store for inexpensive frames, paper mache or wooden boxes, tins, candleholders, and glassware. With Krylon’s many metallic finishes, no one will know the humble beginnings of your savvy finds.
10. Have fun. Invite friends and family over to share in the holiday preparation. Chores like addressing cards, decorating the tree and baking cookies are so much easier when shared with those we love.
11. One last quick tip – log onto www.krylon.com for additional holiday inspiration.
Krylon is the nation's leading spray paint manufacturer and is number one in innovation and consumer brand recognition. Its line of artist finishes and craft and décor products, including Artist Sprays, Adhesives, Metallic Finishes, Brushed Metallics, Glass Paints, Fusion for Plastic™, H20™ Latex Spray Paint, Outdoor Spaces® Paints and Finishes, Faux Finishes, Brights® Paint Pens, Hobby Paints and Indoor/Outdoor general purpose paints, are manufactured by Sherwin-Williams Diversified Brands, headquartered at 101 Prospect Ave. NW, Cleveland, Ohio 44115. For more information, call 1-800-4-KRYLON (1-800-457-9566) or visit the website at www.krylon.com.