September 07, 2004
It's All About You: Easy Ways to Personalize Your Holidays
The Christmas countdown is on, and you're scrambling to get it all done. Here are ten easy ways to put a little more fun — and a little more you, into your holidays this year.
- It's your signature style. Add a little pizzazz to purchased cards by signing them in a metallic pen or colourful paint pen. New for the holidays are two gleaming, metallic Leafing Pens from Krylon® — Pale Gold and Red Shimmer.
- Make your own cards using holiday stencils and spray paint. Adhere the stencil with Easy–Tack™ Repositionable Adhesive, spray and repeat — you'll create dozens of cards in an hour. Make them glisten with Krylon Glitter Spray, or add a touch of snow with a light spritz of Make It Stone!® in White Onyx.
- Everyone loves ornaments, and you can personalize yours and those you give as gifts with metallic Leafing Pens. Customize purchased ornaments with the recipient's name and the date, and add a holiday message, such as “Baby's First Christmas” or “Let it snow”.
- Create custom gift wrap that looks expensive but was made in just minutes. Webbing Spray in Silver Shimmer or Gold Chiffon creates instant marbled texture; Glitter Spray adds a touch of glam. Transform inexpensive gift bags or boxes the same way.
- Tag it! Use multi–purpose tags to identify gifts, send holiday greetings, or decorate the tree. Count on acid–free, paper–safe paints to create brilliant finishes.
- If your gift list is longer than your wallet is wide, think fun and fast. Take a quick trip to your local dollar store or discount store for inexpensive frames, paper mache or wooden boxes, even plain glassware. Krylon Premium Metallics in five glistening shades will transform any item into a luxurious, metallic finish. Or, try Brushed Metallics in five brushed metal finishes for an up–to–date look. Indoor/Outdoor paints in more than 40 bright colours will match any décor.
- Breathtaking holiday centerpieces start with plain glassware and Looking Glass Mirror–Like Paint. Paint a glass hurricane, clear glass bowl or vase with Looking Glass and enjoy the beauty of your table reflected in the mirror–like finish.
- Paint your STYROFOAM™—No doubt about it, STYROFOAM is one of the easiest and least expensive materials for creating holiday ornaments, wreaths and topiaries. Krylon Short Cuts® quickly and easily paint this popular crafting foam.
- Spray Preserve It!® Digital Photo and Paper Protectant on your addressed holiday cards to protect them from smearing. Preserve It! will also protect your holiday photos from moisture and UV degradation, preserving them for years to come.
- Make it fun — Invite friends and family over to share in the holiday preparation. Chores like addressing cards, decorating the tree and baking cookies are so much easier when shared with those we love.
And finally, log onto www.krylon.com for even more holiday ideas.