Improve Your Outdoor Décor
Chances are your deck or patio décor includes a variety of surfaces such as wood, wicker, metal and plastic, all which may have become weathered from summer sun and winter storage. Armed with a few cans of spray paint, you can give your backyard oasis a great new look, quickly and affordably.
There are a number of products available to help with your patio makeover. Krylon’s Fusion for Plastic is a one step, super-bonding spray paint. It can be used on wood, metal, wicker, hard vinyl and a wide range of plastic surfaces. Available in many colours, it now comes with the new EZ Touch 360° Dial Spray Tip for more comfortable spray painting with increased coverage per pass, reduced overspray, less chance of runs or drips and greater accuracy.
Rusted metal? No reason to worry. Instead of making a mess scrubbing away rust with a wire brush, you can paint right over it with Krylon Outdoor Spaces Rust Converter. It chemically transforms rust into a waterproof, paintable surface that is protected from future rust-formation.
When completely dry, simply topcoat Outdoor Spaces Rust Converter with any Outdoor Spaces Satin, Metallic, Textured or Hammered Finish to keep outdoor décor looking its very best. These finishes withstand harsh weather, offering superior protection on metal, wood, wicker, drywall, masonry and even pottery.
When decorating outdoors:
· Use colour to unify your space. Selecting a palette of a few colours allows you to unify even disparate furniture pieces into a pleasing whole. White is an ever-popular classic that can be paired with almost any accent colour to achieve striking good looks.
· Especially in areas filled with bright sunlight, don’t be afraid of bold or saturated colours. Use bright, bold colours to infuse a space with energy and whimsy, or consider textured or metallic hues for more subtle sophistication.
· For the brightest, boldest colours, prime the surface or apply a white basecoat. Next, apply the colour coat over the white surface.
· Group furniture together to create intimate conversation areas. Use interesting containers to hold plants. Consider lighting for both evening safety and ambiance.
· Always follow the directions on your can of spray paint. Application instructions and dry times, as well as how long you should shake the can and how far away you should hold it from the surface, vary from paint to paint.