By Alex Lafferty
- Project Time: 30 min
- Skill Level: 1 2 3 4 5
- View Larger Project Image
- Krylon Contractor Striping Paints--Water-Based - Athletic Field White (#7344)
- Krylon Striping Equipment - (#8360)
- Note: Paint coverage per can: 602 linear feet (2" wide line) 301 linear feet (4" wide line)
- Tape Measure (at least 35')
- Remove debris from the area.
- Shake can vigorously.
- Place can upside down in holder. Align tip parallel to axel.
- Squeeze lever with machine or wand in motion to stripe.
- Stretch tape measure to required length to make sideline.
- Stretch tape measure to required length to make backline. (Sideline previously made and baseline should make an L)
- Complete the outside border of playing area.
- Proceed to the inside of the playing area and stretch the tape measure to required lengths.
- Paint all required inner lines of the playing area.
Use the tape measure to help make straight lines. Create the outside borderlines, before proceeding to the inner playing area lines. For best result, create one line at a time. Attempting to create right angles, or turns, with one continuous line may result in smearing. Customize your court with the wide variety of Krylon™ Striping and Marking Paints. Reapply paint weekly for prolonged use with water-based paint and reapply as needed with solvent-based paint.
This project is designed for use with the Krylon™ Striping Machines or the Krylon™ Line-Up® Striping Wand.