- Krylon Leafing Pens - 18 KT. Gold (#9901)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Silver (#9902)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Copper (#9903)
- Krylon Matte Finish - Clear (#1311)
- Krylon Spray Adhesive - Clear (#7010)
- 1 sheet (8" × 10") opaque shrink plastic
- 1 sheet (12" × 16") heavy black textured paper (model uses Wavy Ridges from Bemiss Jason)
- 1 large giraffe brass charm (or animal of your choice)
- Natural hemp cord
- 6 beads
- Cookie sheet
- Cooking parchment paper
- Conventional or toaster oven
- Hot glue
Spray both sides of shrink plastic with Matte Finish, letting one side dry before spraying the other.
To create the safari print, paint designs and doodles on the treated shrink plastic. Using all three colors of leafing pens, make dots, stripes, squiggles, squares, etc. to fill in every area on ONE side of the plastic. Allow sheet to dry completely and cut into four equal 2" × 10" strips.
Preheat oven to 275°. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place two plastic strips on cookie sheet far apart from each other to keep from touching. The plastic will roll and curl while heating and could become stuck together if they touch. Place in oven and heat for 15 minutes or until strips are laying flat. Use a spatula to help flatten wavy strips. Repeat with remaining two strips of plastic. Once cool draw a line of gold around the edge of each strip with Gold Leafing Pen.
Make frame with plastic strips, overlapping corners (see photo). Place dot of hot glue between strips at corners to secure.
Wrap hemp cord around frame at each corner, criss crossing in front for a decorative look. Knot cord at top left corner with ends hanging down in front. String beads on cords, knotting ends to secure. Trim excess cord. Knot cord in back of frame on remaining three sides and trim.
Use Leafing Pens to accent areas on animal charm. Hot glue charm to frame.