By Philip Miller
- Project Time: 1 hr
- Skill Level: 1 2 3 4 5
- View Larger Project Image
- Krylon Exterior Semi-Transparent Wood Stain - Honey Gold (#3602)
- Drop Cloth
- Latex gloves (optional)
- Fine to Medium Sandpaper (optional)
- Damp Rag (optional)
If you are staining on top of a previously stained surface, make sure the stain will penetrate before using. To test, splash a couple drops of water on the surface. If the water penetrates, then so will the stain. If not, you may have to sand the surface first.
- (Optional) For best results, lightly sand the entire wood surface. This will help open up the grain so the stain can penetrate deeper into the wood. Sand with the grain of the wood rather than against it.
- (Optional) After sanding, clean the surface with a damp rag to remove any dust. Clean the rag periodically to avoid build up.
- Stain the entire railing using thin, light coats of Honey Gold Spray Stain until surface is covered. If additional coats are desired, wait 15 minutes between each.
- Allow stain to dry 24-48 hours.