Children's Book Silhouettes
By Mark Montano
- Project Time: 1.5 hr
- Skill Level: 1 2 3 4 5
- View Larger Project Image
- Krylon® Fusion for Plastic® (#2331)
- Dark paper that contrasts the spray paint (to mat your project)
- Elmer’s Glue Stick
- Childrens’ book with nice images (I used illustrations from a coy of Mother Goose)
- Copy machine
- X-Acto knife
- Make a black and white copy of the image you want to turn in to a silhouette.
- Carefully cut out the copy with scissors and your craft knife, making sure to get as much detail as you possibly can.
- Lightly spray paint the images with Krylon spray paint. You will need to apply several coats. Be patient and let the coats dry in between coats.
- Cut your dark background paper to fit inside your frame.
- Dab the printed side (not the painted side) of the silhouette with your glue stick and place your image on your dark background.
- Frame your artwork and enjoy.