Recycled Votive Candleholder
By Colette George
- Project Time: 1 hr
- Skill Level: 1 2 3 4 5
- View Larger Project Image
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer_RMWD - Black (#51316)
- Krylon Brushed Metallic_RMWD - Oil Rubbed Bronze (#51254)
- Bath bar light fixture
- Glass votive holders (to fit inside each opening where lightbulbs attach)
- Votive candles
- Sandpaper, 220 grit
- Masking tape
- Newspaper or drop cloth
- Cover your work surface with old newspaper or a drop cloth to protect it from overspray.
- Disassemble fixture, removing wiring, bulbs, glass globes, plastic pieces and other items that can be removed from the metal fixture. Thoroughly clean metal surface that you will be painting so it is free of grease, film, dust, and lint.
- Following the instructions on the can, apply the Black Primer first. Use short sweeping strokes to prevent overspray. Apply several light coats versus on heavy coat. If paint is applied too heavily, it might puddle or run; if this happens, sand smooth and reapply primer. Let dry.
- Paint fixture with Oil Rubbed Bronze paint, covering all surfaces. Again, use several light coats. Let dry completely.
- Insert glass votive holders and candles into each opening where lightbulbs used to fit.