- Krylon Make It Stone!® Textured Paints - Charcoal Sand (#18202)
- Krylon Make It Last!® Clear Sealer - Clear (#18200)
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Resplendent Red (#403)
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Glamorous Green (#404)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Aerosol Paints - Gold Leaf (#SCS029)
- 6" clay flowerpot
- 2 - 4" clay flowerpots
- Styrofoam® bricks
- 4" × 15" Styrofoam® cone
- 2 - 3" × 12" Styrofoam® cones
- Spanish moss
- Green moss
- 12 small magnolias
- 5 yds. 1½ in. wide wire–edged red ribbon.
- 1½ yds. ½ in. wire–edged gold ribbon
- 18" - ½ in. wide gold metallic ribbon
- 2 yds. red 3mm strung beads
- 24 gauge gold beading wire
- several dozen assorted pearls and beads
- 2.25 qt. dry potpourri
- 6" long ¼" diameter wooden dowel
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
Paint 3 flowerpots with Charcoal Sand, following manufacturer’s instructions. Let dry.
Protect flowerpots with Clear Sealer. Let dry.
Fill flowerpots with Styrofoam (cut brick to fit), securing with hot glue. Cover with spanish moss and glue in place.
Glue green moss to one large foam cone, and glue cone to 6" flower pot. This will be for the magnolia topiary.
Glue magnolias and leaves to large moss covered cone (refer to photo).
Attach ribbon to magnolia topiary with hot glue. Use floral wire to create loops of ribbon and secure end of wire into cone.
Mist the ends of magnolias and leaves with Glitter Spray. Set completed magnolia topiary aside to dry.
Glue green moss to one small foam cone and use dowel to attach cone to 4" flower pot. Let 1 – 2 inches of dowel show between cone and flower pot. This will be for the beaded topiary.
Lightly mist small moss covered cone with Glitter Spray. Let dry.
Wrap string of red beads loosely around topiary; tack with hot glue.
String combinations of pearls and beads onto gold beading wire. Work with 1 yard of wire at a time, 2 – 3 lengths of beaded wire is sufficient for topiary.
To secure beads in place on wire, simply bend or twist wire around beads. Loosely wrap wire around topiary.
Create a multi–looped bow with ribbon and glue to top of beaded topiary. Set completed beaded topiary aside to dry.
To create potpourri topiary, glue potpourri to one foam cone . Work in small 2 in. × 2 in. areas. Let dry before gluing next area.
Mist potpourri with Gold Leaf paint. Let dry.
Glue base of potpourri topiary to flower pot.
Tie ribbon around rim of potpourri topiary pot. Tack with glue and let completed topiary dry.