- Krylon Short Cuts® Aerosol Paints - Leaf Green (#SCS046)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Aerosol Paints - Red Pepper (#SCS033)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Aerosol Paints - Hot Pink (#SCS039)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Aerosol Paints - Hunter Green (#SCS047)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Aerosol Paints - White (#SCS053)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Aerosol Paints - Black (#SCS054)
- Krylon Gesso Spray - White (#7015)
- Krylon Easy-Tack™ Repositionable Adhesive - Clear (#7020)
- Small paint brush
- Low-tack masking tape
- Paper Towels
On a piece of paper, trace around top of stool. Measure ½ inch in from traced line – cut out oval ½" smaller (all around) than the top of the stool. Trace one of the stool legs; measure and mark a line 2 ½" from bottom (curved) edge of leg. Cut out 2 ½" curved strip – it will look like an upside down watermelon slice. Cut 3 more “watermelon slice” pieces.
Sand all wooden pieces; remove sanding dust with damp paper towel. Assemble stool according to package instructions.
Spray all surfaces of stool with Gesso. When dry, apply a second coat if needed. Allow to dry.
Lightly sand stool and remove dust with a damp paper towel.
Spray top of stool and bottom 3 inches of legs with Short Cuts Red Pepper.
Spray one side of the paper oval and one side of each of the “slice” pieces of paper with Easy-Tack. Wait 5 minutes.
Position the oval (Easy-Tack side down) on the dry stool top so that there is a ½" border all around. Position the “slice” pieces on the outside and inside of each leg.
Spray the entire stool with Leaf Green Short Cuts. Apply a second coat of Leaf Green for full coverage. Lightly mist all surfaces with Dark Hunter Green Short Cuts.
Remove paper templates and lightly mist red areas with Gloss White, Gloss Black and Hot Pink Short Cuts.
Use a small paintbrush and brush-on Gloss Black and Gloss White Short Cuts to apply wavy lines and watermelon seeds.