New Year's Candlesticks
By SUSIE COELHO
- Project Time: 1 hr
- Skill Level: 1 2 3 4 5
- View Larger Project Image
- Krylon Primer/Sealer - Gray (#KDQ5295)
- Krylon Brushed Metallic - Satin Nickel (#51255)
- Krylon Spray Adhesive - Spray Adhesive (#7011)
- 4” round wood post
- Pillar Candles
- Felt or pre made felt pad
- Saw (if wood is not sized at hardware store)
- Wood filler or Spackling compound if needed
- Newspaper or drop cloth
- Saw (or you can have them cut at local lumber or home store) the post into different heights. Suggested: 6” and 3” high.
- If needed, sand rough spots in wood and fill any cracks or holes with putty or spackling compound.
- Set up a spray and paint area by covering a table or other work surface with newspaper or drop cloth in a well-ventilated area.
- Prime/seal wood and let dry.
- Paint with 2-3 coats with chosen color. Let dry.
- Cut felt to fit the bottom of the candlestick. Use an adhesive spray to stick the felt to the bottom on the candlestick.
Finish-Never let the size of candle be wider than the candlestick itself
-Use battery operated candles
-Drill holes in candlestick top to use thinner candles if wanted
-Use Krylon wood stain products or Crackle finishes for rustic décor