- Krylon Looking Glass®- Mirror Like Paint - Mirror Finish (#9033)
- Delta PermEnamel™ Transparent Glass Paint (2 to 3 colors of your choice per ornament)
- Clear glass ornaments with removable tops
- Paper cups with slightly smaller opening than the circumference of the ornament
Cover work surface with newspaper (to protect from overspray).
Remove top of ornament.
Squirt a short burst of the glass paints into the ornaments one at a time. Use 2–3 colors per ornament. Twirl them quickly in your hand after each squirt. Do not let them dry.
Shake Looking Glass for one full minute. Horizontally, hold nozzle of can against opening and immediately spray short bursts into the ornaments while continuously turning them in your hand as you spray. Coat very lightly, and continue spraying until you have achieved the look you desire.
Place ornaments upside down into paper cups to dry.
Replace tops. Each ornament will be completely unique.
Ideas to Inspire
- Write the year or family name on the ornament with a Krylon 18 KT Gold Leafing Pen. For a holiday dinner party, use the ornaments as place cards.
- Tie wide metallic bows at the top of each ornament for a touch of Old World elegance.
- String ornaments on a ribbon across the top of a doorway or along the top of a window treatment for a lovely holiday garland.
- Try this technique on a holiday tray or bowl.
- Paint is applied to back of tray or inside of bowl. Fill bowl with holiday greenery to offset the mirror finish.
- For a stunning, yet simple, table centerpiece, fill a clear crystal bowl with ornaments in a variety of colors.
- Paint should not be applied to any surface that will come in contact with food.