By Alex Lafferty
- Project Time: 45 min
- Skill Level: 1 2 3 4 5
- View Larger Project Image
- Krylon Contractor Striping Paints--Water-Based - Athletic Field White (#7344)
- Krylon Striping Equipment - (#8360)
- Note: Paint coverage per can: 602 linear feet (2” wide line) 301 linear feet (4” wide line)
- Tape Measure (200')
- Batter’s box template (outline of the batter’s box to trace the correct shape and size)
- Remove debris from the area.
- Use the batter’s box template to trace (using a stick, bat, etc.) the lines that need to be made and then remove the template.
- Shake can vigorously.
- Place can upside down in holder. Align tip parallel to axel.
- Squeeze lever with machine in motion to stripe.
- Create batter’s box by following traced lines in the dirt made in Step 2 with striping wand or machine.
- Stretch the tape measure from the front inside corner (closet to home plate) towards either first or third base to the start of the outfield grass line. Make sure the tape measure is pulled tightly to ensure a straight line.
- Create foul line to the outfield grass line.
- Repeat process for opposite side of the field.
- Stretch the tape measure end of completed foul line to the foul pole in the outfield. This will ensure a straight outfield foul line.
- Create outfield foul line.
- Repeat process for opposite side of field.
Use the tape measure to help make straight lines. Pull tape measure tight so there is no slack in the length. For best result, attempt one line at a time. Attempting to create right angles, or turns, with one continuous line may result in smearing. Do not try to make the batter’s box with batter’s box template in the way. Tracing the lines needed in the dirt makes for more precise lines. Customize your field with the wide variety Krylon™ Striping and Marking Paint colours. Reapply paint weekly for prolonged use with water-based paint and reapply as needed with solvent-based paint.
Intended for use with the Krylon™ Striping Machines or Krylon™ Striping Wand.