- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - All-Purpose Grey (#51318)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Flat Black (#51602)
- Krylon Chalkboard Paint - Black (#807)
- Metal paint can with lid
- Cardstock (any color)
- Plain white greeting card
- Flower & garden stencils
- Assorted chalk
- Checked ribbon (long enough to go around paint can twice with some overlap)
- Assorted ribbon scraps in at least 6 different styles and colours
- Silk flower embellishment
- Painters masking tape
Make sure metal paint can is either unused or that it has had the label and any paint residue removed from it. Remove metal handle or mask off before painting.
Spray paint can inside and outside with Grey primer. Let dry.
Spray inside of paint can with Flat Black paint. Let dry.
Spray outside of paint can with several coats of Chalkboard Paint. Let dry completely. Replace metal handle or remove masking tape from handle.
Mask off edges of lid of paint can. Spray with several coats of Chalkboard Paint. Let dry completely and remove masking tape.
Tie ribbon scraps on handle.
Glue checked ribbon trim around top and bottom of can.
Using stencils and chalk, decorate lid and sides of paint can.
To make greeting card, cut cardstock slightly smaller than front of greeting card. Spray with Chalkboard Paint and let dry completely.
Glue cardstock to front of card. Glue ribbon and silk flower embellishment as shown. Let dry.
Decorate card with stencils and chalk in the same fashion used on paint can.
To seal the chalk designs permanently on the card or paint can, spray with Krylon® Crystal Clear.