- Krylon Fusion for Plastic® - Red Pepper (#2328)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - 18 KT. Gold (#9901)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Red Shimmer (#9904)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Silver (#9902)
- Krylon Short Cuts® Brush On Paints - Gold Leaf (#SCB001)
- Garden stake close to or equal in length to pipe
- 6’ long, 2” wide white PVC pipe
- Wood craft plaque
- Hot glue
- Large Decorative finial or plastic globe for outdoor light
- Newspaper or drop cloth
- Small artist’s brush
- 2” painter’s tape
Set up a spray area by covering a table or other work surface with newspaper or drop cloth in a well-ventilated area.
To create the striped pole, place tape at top of PVC pipe and wrap in a corkscrew pattern to bottom keeping an equal 2” exposed portion of pipe between stripes.
Paint with Fusion Red Pepper, remove tape and let dry.
Paint craft plaque with Fusion Red Pepper (although primarily a plastic paint, it works well on wood as well and ensures the colour of pole and sign will be the same). Let dry.
Letter the sign with leafing pen 18kt gold.
Add any decorative scrolling if desired. To make the details pop, outline bottom of letters with Red Shimmer and outline top of letters with Silver.
Paint the edges of plaque with leaf pen or Shortcuts Brush On Gold Leaf. Let Dry Completely.
- Try using pre made craft letters or stencils for sign
- Create smaller poles stretching holiday lights in between. to line walkways or driveways.
- Accent pole with ribbon, garland or a wreath.
- Create other fun holiday signs in the colours of that season: Bunny crossing for Easter, Beware of Ghosts for Halloween, etc.